Youth and Unemployment in Spain
- Percentage of unemployment in Spain.
- Comparison with young people’s unemployment
- Why are young people unemployed?
- What do they do with their free time?
- What has led to this situation?
- Research on newspapers, Wikipedia.
The Spanish Education System
- Curriculum in KS3, KS4 and KS5.
- Differences with England in Secondary Education.
- ESO y Bachillerato
- The importance of English as a second language in the curriculum.
- Importance of going to university. Fees/ Options. How do they get to university?
- Difference with England.
The Region of Extremadura
Society and Economy
- Location in Spain
- Extremadura’s role in the Spanish society.
- What does Extremadura have to offer in terms of economy/work?
- What is the main sector for jobs in Extremadura?
- What are Extremadura’s economic struggles?
- How does it compare with the East Midlands?
Extremadura and its culture
- Origin of Extremadura.
- Which civilizations invaded this part of Europe over the years?
- What monuments/landmarks can we find in Extremadura these days?
- Why are they famous and what do people do there these days?
- How does it compare or not to the East Midlands?
IESO Sierra La Mesta and the town of Santa Amalia
- Subjects they study
- Projects with other countries
- Extra curricular activities
- Why is the town called Santa Amalia?
- How big is it?
- What can young people do in Santa Amalia?
- How does it compare to Nottingham?